Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 15...Rezz Day

Yesterday was my Rezz Day, the SL equivalent of a birthday. I turned 2--which in SL is close to a lifetime in RL. Megh and I spent the evening at the Act Up performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream, in a pleasant woodland setting, each of us dressed in very itchy vine leaf outfits (yet none for our hair, Hedda?), supplied by the producers of the event.

This moment seems an appropriate time to thank Megh for all she had done for me in SL. When my original graphic artist for The Absence of Shadows cover vanished from the face of the virtual world, Megh volunteered to take over the project. She did such an excellent job it has never occurred to me to ask anyone else to do graphics for my subsequent projects.

For a long time, I was a transient in SL, and then Megh decided to buy me a quarter-year membership to the world, I think for my RL birthday? That allowed me to buy land, and did. And there I also never looked back.

And when it came time to upgrade the land option and perhaps create a new venue, Megh furiously researched land prices and locations. Now we are at Runtrop, on a 4096, with a floating venue, again all due to her building and determination.

So, at the two-year mark, I publicly thank Megh for all she has done for me in SL and beyond. (See you in Tampa!)

No comments: