Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another steamin' cup o' Latte



This blog is beginning to look like the PR page for Debi Latte, but she was back performing for us at the Muse again. And this was a bit touch and go, as logins were disabled just before the show. So she started out with just a few people but the crowd grew to the usual size, with listeners and dancers enjoying her vocal stylings. In the photos you see a post-show talk with Debi and venue owners Phorkyad and Megh, and a quick shot of a couple dancing on air...or at least that's how it looked in my viewer.

Something came up during this show. Another musician came by and laid a notecard on us, I guess soliciting a gig at our venue. The musician's fee? A "negotiable" 5K. Well, at the moment, we are still in our starting phase; our friends are kind enough to play for tips only, and since we are doing this for the art and culture of SL and not to make money, we are doing well enough to make the monthly stream rental fee. I am not saying this to "make a poormouth," as my elders said to me when I was growing up, but just to make people aware of our situation. We don't have the ready cash at the moment to hire anyone at that rate. But folks, if you are going to ask for that kind of amount, be sure you are worth it.

This touched off a great discussion among Megh, Thaylon and me. We are all on the same page. I hope you open the book and enjoy what you see at the Muse.

No comments: